To report animal cruelty or neglect in your community:
- Call your local law enforcement agency.
- Call your local humane society or SPCA.
- Be persistent until action is taken!
- Keep a record of whom you contact, the date of the contacts, and the content
and outcome of your discussions with each of them.
- Contact your local prosecutor's office. Demand an investigation and prosecution.
Remember: CRUELTY IS A CRIME!
Everyday, there are things you can do to be animals' best friends:
- Encourage friends and neighbors to join you in donating food, blankets, towels and time to your local animal shelter.
- Avoid purchasing products that are not cruelty-free.
- Share your love for animals and how to properly care for them with children -- our greatest legacy will be a more animal-friendly world.
- f you read about animal abuse in your local newspaper, write a letter to the editor and encourage aggressive enforcement of anti-cruelty laws.
- Write to your local prosecutor and demand aggressive enforcement of state anti-cruelty laws. Prosecutors are elected officials; let the prosecutor know that your vote will go to the candidate who is serious about combating cruelty.